Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I calculate sales tax when I lived in two counties in 2017 and moved to another state after the 8th month of the year?

I lived in two counties in CA, thus the same state and moved to another, WA towards the end of the year, Sept.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

How do I calculate sales tax when I lived in two counties in 2017 and moved to another state after the 8th month of the year?

In the sales tax section, you can enter multiple places you live and related sales taxes. Complete your entry for the time you lived in one county and when completed you will return to a summary screen. Click the Add a location button to enter another place you lived. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmandaR1

In the sales tax section, you can enter multiple places you live and related sales taxes. Complete your entry for the time you lived in one county and when completed you will return to a summary screen. Click the Add a location button to enter another place you lived. 

When I click on Add a location, it stays in Florida.  It doesn't ask for another state.  How do I change the state?  I've tried deleting the second entry and readding - stays Florida.  I tried deleting it and adding another location - stays FLorida.

HELP

Claudia

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies