Homestead

Homestead

My return didn't change but it is telling me I have a $300 credit? why wouldn't it be showing on my return?

thank you 

Homestead

It depends.

As we cannot see your personal return, can you please provide us with a little more detail so we can assist you?

Are you referring to your state income tax return? 

If so, please comment with the state and so we can assist you.

Homestead

I haven't filed it. But I am eligible for this credit if I have lived in the state for a whole year correct? Background story: I am originally from a different state but I moved to WI for school. I have been paying rent in WI since December 2019 but I officially moved in January but in December I was working at my old job back home in another state. So i am putting I officially moved in January to WI, is that correct?

Homestead

That would be correct.  If you moved in January to Wisconsin, that would be when you officially moved there.

Please see more details for the Homestead credit for WI on the following website:

WI homestead credit information and instructions