lepetiterouge

Hello, Can someone help me? Filing my State portion, and under "Your City Residency Info" it put's another city, and says Nonresident. How can I delete that?

LenaH

You can change your city residency information by going back through the State section of your return in TurboTax and selecting the correct residency. 

Although I am not sure what state you are in, I am providing the general rules to change your city residency. Under step 4, I am writing "xxxxx" to include whatever city residency you may have to elect. 

1. Open your return.
  2. Click on State on the left hand side. 
  3. Click Edit next to your state return. 
  4. Click Update next to xxxxx City info and allocations
  5. Click Edit if you need to update your city residency.
  6. Click Done with Residency Info.
evildadguy

Both my wife and I are non-resident filers for city income tax purposes. When I get to the section of the State Return, I can select "Need a XXXX City Return", check 'Non-resident', but TurboTax indicates my wife has a different residency and needs to file a separate City return. How do I correct this???
Didn't have this issue last year and after the "You should be expecting a W-2c" issue, I am very dismayed and the time I spent researching YOUR bug, will be considering alternative products for 2021.

JotikaT2

The steps will be the same as the outlined above by lenaH. 

When you go through the state interview screens, the program will ask the city residency questions for you and then your spouse. 

Be sure to carefully read each screen to ensure you are able to select nonresident for both you and your spouse as the only difference will be the name listed in the question.