Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vr16
Level 1

having trouble filing state taxes

We purchased intuit trubotax premier and loaded the cd on the computer.  I have gotten ready to efile my federal taxes and started my Missouri state taxes.  My daughter has gotten ready to efile for federal but turbo tax will not let her continue on to file for Missouri state.  In the past years we have always been able to file 3 people both federal and state off of the one cd that was purchased.  Has something changed and where we can not file multiple people both federal and one state with 1 cd? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You should still be able to file your daughter's state return.  Can you tell us what is happening when you try?  Is there an error message?  Can she not start the state return at all, or just not file it?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jdagger1212
Returning Member

I don’t know the answer for certain, but you can bet that it has something to do with them being GREEDY!! That’s 100!!!💯

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You should still be able to file your daughter's state return.  Can you tell us what is happening when you try?  Is there an error message?  Can she not start the state return at all, or just not file it?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can file as many tax returns as you want to using the federal tax return and the same state tax return with the desktop editions.

What happens and what message do you receive for attempting to start or file the state return?

vr16
Level 1

no message it just wont let me do anything past saying do you want to start  the refund.  When trying to click yest start MO  refund it just stays there.

vr16
Level 1

No error message it just ask if you want to start MO return but doesn't do anything or go anywhere from that screen. 

vr16
Level 1

sorry i went back thru and reviewed all my federal just to see and then when i got to the state this time it clicked thru and started asking me the questions.  I don't know what was different, but it seems to be working.  thank you for taking time to answer my question.

vr16
Level 1

i went back thru my federal questions and then went to state questions and it clicked thru this time.  not sure what was different but it seems to be working now.  thank you for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies