Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GAR0000-010 and got rejected.

My federal tax got accepted, but I got a reject code GAR0000-010 for the State tax, this is the first time it happened to me, I went over it three times, and there is no error on my files. HELP.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

@Andolem wrote:
My federal tax got accepted, but I got a reject code GAR0000-010 for the State tax, this is the first time it happened to me, I went over it three times, and there is no error on my files. HELP.

GAR0000-010 error code means the Federal return was not included with the Georgia return when the state efile was attempted.    This is a known issue that is being worked on.    TurboTax normally updates software on Thursdays, so maybe it will be fixed in this week's update, but I don't know that.   For a while there was a support FAQ, but it appears to be gone.  So maybe it's being updated tonight.    I'll post the link anyway in case the information appears again later.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-return/help/state-rejection-federal-return-must-be-submitted/0...

Thanks for your response, I filed both the Federal and the state tax, the federal got accepted, but not the state. 

@ Andolem  wrote:

Thanks for your response, when I filed both the Federal and the state tax was included, the federal got accepted, but not the state. 

There are actually 2 efiles--one sent to the IRS (the Federal return which was accepted), and an efile sent to the State tax agency, which rejected because it didn't include the state's copy of the Federal return.

Many states require that a copy of the Federal return is sent along with the State return so the State Tax Agency can compare the figures to verify what you reported on your state return is actually what you reported on the Federal return.   Apparently with this error the second copy of the Federal return that goes to the state wasn't included in the state efile.    This is a TurboTax issue that's being worked on.

@DoninGA  Do you know why the support FAQ on this issue has been removed?  The link no longer works.

@mesquitebean It may have been deleted if the programmers fixed the issue with the 03/31 update.  If the problem persists today we can notify the Moderators.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies