Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing my North Carolina taxes!

I have a scheduled 6 week camping trip into the southwest USA starting tomorrow.  "SteamTrain" says that e-filing my North Carolina taxes is not available until Feburary 24 but printing and mailing is available now.  PHONE SUPPORT CANNOT HELP ME!  Please, would  "STEAM TRAIN, Level 15" tell me how to print my state taxes?  My Federal taxes went fine!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Filing my North Carolina taxes!

Well,

1)  if you are using the Desktop software.....make sure you update yoru software, an "unscheduled" update was issued overnight on 11 Feb.

You open your tax file, go to the upper left corner of the screen (at least on a Windows Computer)

a)   click on File

b) From the Dropdown Menu, select Save to PDF.

c)  when the list shows up, make sure "All official forms for filing" is selected.

d) in the window of forms, de-select the Federal tax return, and make sure the State tax return is selected.

e) then select the "Save as PDF" button, and save to yoru desktop, and print from that PDF.

Of course, if there are still some random not ready NC forms in your tax file, you may have to wait until you return to file....e-filing will certainly be available by then.

2)  If you are using the "Online" software, I have no idea what the status of that stuff is.  Few of us bother to use it for our own taxes as desktop is far superior.   You should be able to print similar to that above, but you need to open your 2021 tax file, and use the "Print Center" on the left-side menu instead.   

(You might also be able to print during the filing process, but would need to take your submission off "E-file" and reset it on Mail-FIle.....but that's just a guess)   and again, if yoru return contains ANY sub-forms that are not ready yet, then you'll have to wait until you return to finish up.

That's the best I can "suiggest".........

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies