Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cw_colo
Returning Member

Filed CO return 2/1/2024, not received/pending

I finished and filed my 2023 federal return on 1/27, but was instructed by TT to wait until some form was ready before filing with Colo. Waited, got the update, filed with Colo on 2/1. Apparently, they weren't accepting electronic returns until 2/12. It's now 2/15 and TT states e-file status is still Pending, while the state tracking website (https://tax.colorado.gov/) shows return hasn't been recieved.

Couple of questions:

1. Any ideas on whether I need to attempt to re-send the file (is that even possible)?

2. Looks like there was an issue last year that resulted in filings being rejected. If that happens, do I have to pay the filing fee again? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Since the State of Colorado opened late for accepting returns, they have been quite backlogged in accepting them. Please be patient and allow the Agency to process the large number of returns that came thought to them all at the same time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dreadymmeyer
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue, except I filed on the 12th after CO opened to receive returns. TT is still showing "pending" for Colorado and the state website shows they've received nothing. I've spent the past two hours trying to get someone on the phone, once I did the call disconnected after I was put on hold for 15 minutes. 

More interesting is on the desktop program under File -> Electronic Filing -> Show Electronic Filing History, I'm shown a log after "Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time." is a list of what looks like a repeating error, showing: Colorado Individual: Filing changed state to IN_AGENCY followed by Filing changed state to SUCCEEDED_AGENCY. This grouping of messages repeats another dozen times down the list.

cw_colo
Returning Member

Yep. Just checked and I have that same set of messages. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Since the State of Colorado opened late for accepting returns, they have been quite backlogged in accepting them. Please be patient and allow the Agency to process the large number of returns that came thought to them all at the same time.

They are processing them in the order they were received. https://tax.colorado.gov/where-is-my-refund

@dreadymmeyer 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dreadymmeyer
Returning Member

I'm not looking for the status of a refund. The state has not yet received the filing from Turbotax. This looks problematic as the state will allow me to file the return myself.

cw_colo
Returning Member

Got an email this morning my return has been accepted. Crazy that it took them three weeks to accept a filed return! I'm not holding my breath on the turnaround time to get my refund... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies