Exempt interest-dividends for muni bonds. TT asks for which state. I don't know & I don't think my advisor knows. Do I just select "More than one State" 4 each muni bond?

I had four municipal bonds in 2016. I don't know which state they're from. Would I just have 4 lines of "More than one State"?

Thanks

Alumni

Unless you have a single state mutual bond fund, then you enter "more than one state"  for each

Alumni

Thanks! I'm assuming this is the same for municipal bonds as well, correct?
Alumni

It is true for municipal bond funds.  But for individual municipal bonds, you must enter the state that issued the bond. Individual bonds come from a particular state and you must note which state. Furthermore, if your investment advisor does not know, then you might seriously consider finding another investment advisor. Any investment advisor should absolutely know that.

Ok, thanks very much for your help!

Follow-up question: I have "municipal bond funds". My investment advisor sent me the percentage portion of income attributable to MD (where I live) for each fund. For example, for one fund, the percentage portion of income attributable to MD is 1.09%. In reading the instructions in TT, it looks like, then, if I had an income of $100 from a fund, I would enter "Maryland" and "$1.09" on one line, and "More Than One State" and "$98.91" on a second line. Since I have 4 funds, I would end up with 8 lines. Do you know if this is correct? Or is it easier to just say "More Than One State" for each fund and leave it at that?