Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

etmillar

Error: "ZIP code is invalid for electronic filing. You must enter a valid ZIP code for your state"

TurboTax has auto-filled a Schedule B -- Form 1099-INT for me related to the interest I received on one of my bank accounts. On this form, they incorrectly filled in my state to be OR (Oregon), when it is CA (California). However, they filled in my zip code correctly. Because of this, my zip code and my state are not compatible, and I am receiving the error message listed in the subject.

I have scoured every single form I've filled out on TurboTax for any place I could have mistakenly listed the incorrect state (multiple times over). I have found that:

• I've correctly listed CA in all forms
  • The form related to the interested on that bank account doesn't even ask for my state
  • In all other parts of the app, TurboTax correctly recognizes CA as my state. For example, for the "state return" section, it helps me fill the CA state tax return

Any idea what's going on here? It's quite frustrating that the software doesn't let me edit the state directly on the form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
etmillar

Error: "ZIP code is invalid for electronic filing. You must enter a valid ZIP code for your state"

Okay, I see a resolution here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies