ramnarayanan

efile charges?

I downloaded TurboTax Deluxe (that covers federal + 1 state) and also downloaded additional State for $48. At the time of filing, it prompted $25 for efiling each State. Is that the norm?

I read that, with TurboTax online, we can efile up to 5 states.

Should I choose TurboTax online over cd/download since it has efiling capability for multiple states?

Can I file multiple states in online version? or I need to pay for each state like the downloadable version?

I'm trying to see if TurboTax online will be economical over TurboTax desktop version.

efile charges?

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the $24.99 state e-file fee if you print and

mail the state instead of e-filing it.

ramnarayanan

efile charges?

Thanks for your response. Yes. I purchased the software with Federal + State. I did not realize that it does not come with efiling option. I paid $48 to download an additional state. Even that does not have efiling option.. So I'm a bit confused on the turbotax online is offering. Does that come with efiling option for multiple states? or I need to pay for that too?