E-File

mhassett

E-File

Using my LapTop:

I e-filed my Federal Return without filing my State Return.

I then tried to E-File my State Return and it went into a loop that said I had to E-File a Federal Return.

The program just keeps looping back saying that I have to E-File a Federal Return. The program said that I E-Filed my Federal Return.

LenaH

E-File

To e-file your state return:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area).
  5. Select File in the left menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or select the menu icon in the top left corner).
  6. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  7. Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
  8. On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
  9. Follow the instructions to e-file your return.
jmsacks

E-File

I am having the same issue with the downloaded version. What is the fix for that? I submitted a work request last week and haven't heard back from anyone.

Djohnson402

E-File

You are not answering the question / addressing the issue.  We are experiencing an issue with efiling our State return after having completed efiling our Federal return.  It's NOT that we aren't following the steps you have provided - it's that there seems to be a bug in the software causing a loop stating that we must first select Federal to be efiled before efiling the state return even though we have already efiled Federal.  Please answer the question or tell us how to get around this bug/loop!!!

E-File

@Djohnson402 wrote:

This is a known problem.  A software update on 03/19 should correct this - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payroll-reminders/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return...