krsorum

E-File Fee

Hi, I purchased the $80 plan which includes 5 federal and 1 state. I then paid an additional $25 to E-file my CA return. After I paid, I received notice that my state return was ineligible for E-filing. How can I get a refund for the $25 e-filing fee? Or am I missing something? 

mesquitebean

E-File Fee

@ krsorum wrote:

What was the efile error?  What was the message?  Maybe we can help you efile.

There is at least one issue preventing the efiling of a state return that they are working on.

Had you already filed the Federal return separately previously?  If so, has it been accepted?

If we can't offer a suggestion here in the forum that allows you to efile the CA return, and if you ultimately cannot efile, you can talk to TurboTax Support about the efile fee.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

You also wrote:  "I purchased the $80 plan which includes 5 federal and 1 state. "

BTW, that means your product includes 5 free efiles of Federal returns and 1 state program, but you can prepare as many state returns that you need to--of the same state.  But there is a $25 fee to efile each state return (except no fee for NY state.)  There is no fee to print and mail the state return.  You can also prepare more than 5 Federal returns, if needed, but can only efile 5 of them.

krsorum

E-File Fee

Hi there, thank you for the reply. I E-filed both federal and state. It said because of my registered domestic partnership status (though I filed single for both federal and state) that I could e-file my federal taxes (which I did and they have been accepted), but had to mail in my state return. It’d be great to e-file the state taxes as well if there is a solution! Thanks for your help! 

mesquitebean

E-File Fee

@krsorum wrote:

Sorry, I'm not a tax person and can't help you with anything specific about a CA return and their requirements for filing in that situation.     When you talk to the people at TurboTax Support about your efile fee, you can discuss that with them, if you wish.

It's possible someone familiar with that situation might see this thread and comment in it, but not so likely.