Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

keyesdk

Desktop 2023 version will not open State to work on it

I installed Turbotax Premier 2023,  started my federal return and saved the file.  My daughter started a sepatate return, finished federal and Massachusetts and e-filed with no problem.  When I open my file and click on the state it transfers the information from my federal return but it won't open the state to let me enter any data.  The button just blinks.  i hope I don't have to start a new federal return to get the state to work.. I restarted the PC but no change.  It's a Windows 10 PC with lots of free disk and memory.

Update:  I hit Check for Updates.  There were no updates but now I can open and work on the state.  Very strange.   I don't see a way to delete or close this question.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Thanks

...still a "What the Heck was That?"

may never know..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
keyesdk

I have no idea but it definitely would not open for several tries. After checking for updates and not finding any the state section suddenly opened.  I made sure that I finished it in one session.  I didn't want to take a chance on it happening again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies