cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 3

Colorado e-file with tax due - electronic payment

First year filing a Colorado state return with TT. Both federal and state returns were e-filed and accepted. State return had a tax due payment which I assumed would be deducted from my bank account. Does not seem to have occurred? Does anyone know if Colorado e-file requires separate payment of tax due? I'm a little amazed that you could e-file but electronic payment would not be used. Federal return was e-filed and received refund via electronic payment. I called TT support several days ago but they could not answer and could not tell me if electronic payment for state tax due was setup for my return.

Thanks

2 Replies
Level 3

Quick update - I believe the TT term used is Direct Debit. This is electronic payment of tax due. Does anyone know if Colorado supports Direct Debit>

Level 7

Hi, I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer this but I wanted to help anyway.

I know in my state (CA) I think it has to be done via VISA or check, or go directly to the CA FTB website to pay the amt owed.

I found this info from CO state revenue dept.    You may want to dial them directly & ask them how to pay directly just to make sure.  They should know about the Direct Debit that you mentioned. GL
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/tax/income-tax-individual-pay