Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

llaplante

Colorado e-file with tax due - electronic payment

First year filing a Colorado state return with TT. Both federal and state returns were e-filed and accepted. State return had a tax due payment which I assumed would be deducted from my bank account. Does not seem to have occurred? Does anyone know if Colorado e-file requires separate payment of tax due? I'm a little amazed that you could e-file but electronic payment would not be used. Federal return was e-filed and received refund via electronic payment. I called TT support several days ago but they could not answer and could not tell me if electronic payment for state tax due was setup for my return.

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
llaplante

Quick update - I believe the TT term used is Direct Debit. This is electronic payment of tax due. Does anyone know if Colorado supports Direct Debit>

Hi, I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer this but I wanted to help anyway.

I know in my state (CA) I think it has to be done via VISA or check, or go directly to the CA FTB website to pay the amt owed.

I found this info from CO state revenue dept.    You may want to dial them directly & ask them how to pay directly just to make sure.  They should know about the Direct Debit that you mentioned. GL
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/tax/income-tax-individual-pay

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies