Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Megan c

Charged for State Tax that I didn't use

TurboTax charged me for State tax filing service that I didn't use.  I called the customer service and was directed to de-select the service first, then filed a refund request with detailed reason under the customer representative's supervision, but the case was closed without any given reason.  I filed again today and also submit a dispute through my credit card company.  Where else can I complain?  It shouldn't be this hard.  I couldn't find the button letting me select Federal only (used to do it previous years) and paid everything by accident.  I called the next second and talked to the customer service and she can serve as a witness that I didn't use the State filing service at all, not even having a peak at the forms.  It's the system's fraud to mislead and force people to pay for both Federal and State.  Is there any place outside of Turbotax where we can have more legal power to demand Turbox for a refund?  It technically is not a refund.  It is to return the money robbed from me.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Charged for State Tax that I didn't use

Directly with Intuit (TurboTax) or your credit card company. Those are about the only two options.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies