Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CANNOT E-FILE STATE BUT PHONE REPRESENTATIVE DID NOT SOLVE IT

It takes me 1 hour to wait for a phone representative. After they transfer me times. Finally, a lady pick up the phone to solve this. But I still can't e-file my Georgia state return. She asks me to print it and mail it. OMG, I paid a lot for TurboTax software (not only the e-file but also the Download, the state,...) And they ask me to print it out and go mail it.

Transmit Can;t.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you have stock sales or transactions listed in your return? If so, did you enter them as a summary?

You might want to go through the state review again to see if that gives you a message with a list of required attachments. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mjlaemers
Returning Member

I also was disatisfied with the response of the customer service rep. When I tried to e-file my Michigan return, a pop-up showed that said "Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag". Of course, whether I tried an hour, day or several days, the pop-up still interupted my e-file. You would think this could be solved by someone in programming. There has to be a logical reason that the software displays this message. I asked this problem to be escaleted to find what was wrong, the CSR just offered his advice, to mail the return. I dont like spending over $100 for a program and having this type of an issue without someone at Intuit resolving the problem.

If the snag is in the communications between your computer and Intuit, then there is nothing the representative can do.  Try getting a cord and plugging your computer into the router instead of using WIFI.  Direct is much faster than WIFI.

You pay Intuit for doing your taxes with TurboTax and with online there is no extra charge for e-file of federal or state.  But I expect to be able to e-file or have a good reason if I cannot.  Just telling you to mail the return is not a satisfactory answer.  They should let you know why it is not e-filing.

mjlaemers
Returning Member

E-file worked fine with my federal return but State of Michigan E-file gets error message each time without explanation of what the problem is. I am directly connected via a network cable from my router. I am using the desktop version of Premier. All that needs to be done to resolve this is to ask the programers what triggers the pop-up message, "Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag"

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you are using the Desktop software, make sure your program is updated.  If you are using the online version of the software, the program will already be updated. However, you might want to clear your cache and try filing again.  Sometimes this helps to resolve the issue and allow you to file.

Finally if none of the steps above help, you may want to try contacting us again for assistance.  

@mjlaemers 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies