Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

landstuhl

Cannot access State tax software

I cannot access my selected state tax software. I go to the state tax section and click on Start and a window opens for my state purchase. I click on my free state and click Download Now. A window opens and it says getting your software and concludes with a window telling me my software is up to date. I click OK and I am back at the Start button. I click Start and it just goes through the previous sequence again. It does so every time I try to start my state return. This is not a connectivity issue. I have a high-speed connection.  I have checked and the state of Louisiana NR forms are available for efile.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
landstuhl

Thank you for your suggestions.  Unfortunately, I had attempted all of those fixes prior to posting.  I ended up contacting Intuit by phone and they had to send me a zip file with a Clean State executable in order to fix the software glitch.  The agent was really efficient and most helpful.  Hopefully, TT is able to permanently fix this glitch so others do not have to go through the work around I did.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies