Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tslee0000

Can I file New York state return (part-year resident) from Hong Kong?

I'm a US citizen.  I worked in New York City for 3 months in 2017 and received income that I need to file a NY state tax return.  I'm working and living in Hong Kong now.  I have used TurboTax Deluxe to complete my Federal and NY State Part-year Resident return.  Can I use TurboTax to e-file the tax returns from Hong Kong directly?  Thanks for the information in advance. 

Tom Lee

P.S.  I use my Hong Kong address as mailing address on the returns and NYC address as my permanent address on NY State return.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Yes, as long as you have internet that allows you to file online, you can do so anywhere in the world.  Please note that if you have a tax refund, that refund can only be directly deposited into a US bank located in the US.  Otherwise, the refund can only be mailed to you as a check to the address ( including foreign address) entered on your tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Yes, as long as you have internet that allows you to file online, you can do so anywhere in the world.  Please note that if you have a tax refund, that refund can only be directly deposited into a US bank located in the US.  Otherwise, the refund can only be mailed to you as a check to the address ( including foreign address) entered on your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies