steveselll

Can i deduct tax exclusions for governmental obligations from my louisiana state income tax? Where will I do that. I have $506 worth of exclusions. Thanks

BMcCalpin

When you enter the Louisiana state tax interview, you should come to a screen with the heading "Any other income exclusions?". Pull down the tab on the description on the first line. You will see that the first offering is "01E-Interest and dividends on US government obligations". Choose that and enter your $506.

I see this when I use a full-year resident for Louisiana test - the experience may vary if you are a part-year resident.

BMcCalpin

Are you referring to interest and dividends earned on U.S. Government obligations which are not taxable in Louisiana?
steveselll

yes
BMcCalpin