Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i deduct tax exclusions for governmental obligations from my louisiana state income tax? Where will I do that. I have $506 worth of exclusions. Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can i deduct tax exclusions for governmental obligations from my louisiana state income tax? Where will I do that. I have $506 worth of exclusions. Thanks

When you enter the Louisiana state tax interview, you should come to a screen with the heading "Any other income exclusions?". Pull down the tab on the description on the first line. You will see that the first offering is "01E-Interest and dividends on US government obligations". Choose that and enter your $506.

I see this when I use a full-year resident for Louisiana test - the experience may vary if you are a part-year resident.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Are you referring to interest and dividends earned on U.S. Government obligations which are not taxable in Louisiana?

yes

When you enter the Louisiana state tax interview, you should come to a screen with the heading "Any other income exclusions?". Pull down the tab on the description on the first line. You will see that the first offering is "01E-Interest and dividends on US government obligations". Choose that and enter your $506.

I see this when I use a full-year resident for Louisiana test - the experience may vary if you are a part-year resident.

cdl3

I tried this method when entering my exempt income for Louisiana.  TurboTax responded that it was already excluded based on my Federal Return entry.  But unlike other exempt income, it is not listed on Louisiana Schedule E, Code OIE.  This tells me that it was NOT accounted for by TurboTax and I cannot find a way to exclude it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies