• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveselll

Can i deduct tax exclusions for governmental obligations from my louisiana state income tax? Where will I do that. I have $506 worth of exclusions. Thanks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BMcCalpin
Level 13

Can i deduct tax exclusions for governmental obligations from my louisiana state income tax? Where will I do that. I have $506 worth of exclusions. Thanks

When you enter the Louisiana state tax interview, you should come to a screen with the heading "Any other income exclusions?". Pull down the tab on the description on the first line. You will see that the first offering is "01E-Interest and dividends on US government obligations". Choose that and enter your $506.

I see this when I use a full-year resident for Louisiana test - the experience may vary if you are a part-year resident.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BMcCalpin
Level 13

Are you referring to interest and dividends earned on U.S. Government obligations which are not taxable in Louisiana?
steveselll

yes
BMcCalpin
Level 13

When you enter the Louisiana state tax interview, you should come to a screen with the heading "Any other income exclusions?". Pull down the tab on the description on the first line. You will see that the first offering is "01E-Interest and dividends on US government obligations". Choose that and enter your $506.

I see this when I use a full-year resident for Louisiana test - the experience may vary if you are a part-year resident.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v