Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dennismjm

Are the forms available for new york state partnership? Purchases NY State software download from TurboTax (online) but can NOT get return to "START". WHY ?

Wasted over two hours on phone with TurboTax without any resolution. Person I spoke with DID NOT KNOW why New York State Partnership program doesn't work and attempt to transfer me to "technician" resulted in voicemail pool. >>> NO RESPONSE.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
ladydi945

Are the forms available for new york state partnership? Purchases NY State software download from TurboTax (online) but can NOT get return to "START". WHY ?

I WAS TOLD NY PARTNERSHIP IT-204 NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL MARCH 8

I am now told March 15th.   Very Frustrating and three phone calls later...
dennismjm

This is getting scary close to the filing deadline...…  Same nonsense as last year......  WHY ???
dennismjm

Still do not understand why INTUIT does not advise customers who PAID for and downloaded software that it will NOT WORK !!!  and WHY !!!

Where is the notification that IT-204 software not available until March 15th?
bbltm4
Returning Member

I had the same experience as dennismjm. Talked to 4 people. Spent 3 hours on the phone. One tech tried to send me the download link twice. It’s incredible that no one knew it wasn’t available yet.
Last week their availability link said it would be available March 8. Now it says it will be available March 15, which is the due date. Not acceptable TurboTax.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_states.html">https...>
yigross

March 15 is the due date!! Will the form be available before that?
bbltm4
Returning Member

Update: forms availability chart now lists form available for print March 8, with e-file availability still March 15. NYS website has not approved TT Business software for e-filing yet.

NYS forms available today March 8. BUT NYC forms still has expected release date March 15 (right on deadline - question is if TT can make it or I have to file for extension - another trip to Post Office? sign). And TT does NOT support NYS Form IT-204-LL efile. OK need to go to Post Office and hope NYS don't slam me with penalty thinking I have to follow the efile mandate. Absolutely insane.
dennismjm

When you get to the IT-204-LL page, click on the New York State link and follow directions to eFile your form and effect an ACH payment from your account directly to NYS.  You need to enter all the data (again) but get a Confirmation that your NYS Filing Fee is DONE !!!

SHAME on TurboTax for putting thousands of users in limbo when asking for Support on this.....

I am still having problem with IT-204-LL. When I clicked on the New York State link, it asked me to log in, then it just took me to a blank screen! As much as I hate to enter all the data again, please can someone at TT fix the link so we can at least e-file!?
dennismjm

The log in is to your TurboTax account (so your data is secure and they know it's YOU). The fill-in process is a pain (and would be automatic if the software worked) but gets you to point where Form 204-LL Filing Fee is PAID and filing is DONE.  THEN it takes you back to Tax Return and permits you to e-File FED & NYS Returns.  Good luck !

I cleared cache and tried it again today and finally it worked! Phew...  Thanks again! Now just have to wait for TT to release the NYC biz tax forms - on March 15 :(
dennismjm

Let's all hope TT has learned it's lesson and "Gets it Right" SOONER next year....
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies