Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Amended State only

I answered a question about the source (Active Military Retirement) of my 1099-R incorrectly. This questions only affects my Maryland return. Do I need to file an amended Federal return? I don't think so.


In the Maryland amended return section, I stated that I wasn't amending my Federal return. Will the e-filing procedure file an amended return that doesn't show a change?

2 Replies
Expert Alumni

Amended State only

Unfortunately, MD is one of the states not accepting an efile amended return. You will have to paper mail the return. There is no danger of a federal being filed.


Mail the return with some sort of tracking so you can be sure it has arrived safely and you have proof of mailing it.


Related: Can I e-file my amended state return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 1

Amended State only

Thank you

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings