Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2024 MN Estimated Tax Is Using 2023 Income Tax Rates

I'm calculating my MN state estimated tax payments for 2024 and it appears TT is using the MN income tax rate schedule from 2023 and not the 2024 income tax rate schedule.

I'm a single filer and for a MN taxable income of $194,322 TT says the amount of tax from the 2024 tax rate schedule is $14,001. When I perform the calculation using the 2024 schedule published by the MN department of revenue the amount of tax is $13,723. Only when I use the 2023 schedule do I calculate a tax of $14,001.

How do I report this to TT?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@Dave31359 Hi.  Thanks for reporting this.  I'll be happy to pass this along to TurboTax Moderators for you.  Nice that your tax rate changes for MN in 2024 are LESS than in 2023, right??

Thanks again for reporting this.  Would you please go ahead and adjust your estimated tax payments based on the 2024 tax tables for MN?  I doubt this will be high priority for TT here in the last two weeks before the filing deadline.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
SuziM

Greetings! 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further.  If you’re willing, we would like to ask if you could provide a Diagnostic File of your return.  This copy will be purged of all personally identifiable information.  If you are willing, please follow the instructions provided below to get us the information we need. 

TurboTax Online

1.  Sign-in to your online account. ​ 
  2. Click on “Tax Tools” to the left hand side of the screen. ​ 
  3. A drop-down will appear. Click on “Share My File With Agent”. ​ 
  4. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click “OK”.  The tax file will then be sanitized and sent to us. This action will generate a Token Number  
  5. Please respond directly to this message and provide the Token Number that was generated.  

TurboTax Desktop 

1. Open your return. ​ 
  2. Click “Online” and select "Send Tax File to Agent". ​ 
  3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click “OK”. The tax file will then be sanitized and sent to us. This action will generate a Token Number  
  4. Please respond directly to this message and provide the Token Number that was generated.  

Per your request I've created a protected copy of my return. The token number is 1226598.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies