Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjkmjkmjk
Returning Member

2023 VA State Form 760C is not populating with data

I have  been on phone with 4 Turbo Tax agents today and none could help me.   Got notice that instead of refund I owed money to Va State.   It is linked to IRA Rollover done late in year.   Form 2210 on Federal handles this situation properly.   For 2022 taxes, Turbo Tax populated from 760 C with information and I owed no penalty.   this year Turbo tax leaves 90% of form blank and this is likely what caused me to receive penalty from VA State.   Two agents disconnected me.   One transferred me supposedly, the last said he was going to investigate further and call me back tomorrow.   Yeah, that will be a surprise.   Anyone else having issues?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
mjkmjkmjk
Returning Member

Spent another day trying to get this resolved.   NO HELP.   Agent tried to help but she could not figure out what was happening.   Tried to get assistance up the line but no responsed except one for me to basically clear out everything on my computer and re install it.   I did some of it and took me hours to get my computer working again.   I installed Turbo Tax on a second computer.   Still having issue.   Also supposed to get email that will give you link to this post....guess what...that does not work either.   Think I will try HR BLock next year.   Second year they have been no help.   2017 was a mess now 2023.   Looked over the 760C from 2022, it was filled out but what they did does not appear to follow the instructions put out by the state of Virginia.   

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please clarify the question you are asking. Virginia Form 760C is included in TurboTax for a state return if there is an underpayment penalty for state income tax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mjkmjkmjk
Returning Member

Not sure what more info you want.   Form 760C only filled out line 1,2,5, 7A, 8 and 10.   Form 2210 was filled out on federal form.   Filed taxes.   Per turbo tax I was due a $5 refund.   Got message from state I owed a $58 penalty.   Called them, said penalty was due to estimated taxes paid in 4th quarter rather than paid throughout the year.   BUT the reason for the estimate taxes was an IRA rollover done in 4th quarter.   no way I could pay taxes on something in April that I did not do until December.  Form 2210 handled in on Federal side.   Form 760C appeared to handle in in 2022 filing when I did similar rollover but 760C did not do any calculations related to estimated taxes and income being received unevenly throughout th e year.

I talked to at least 6 agents.   Many just disconnected me or said they woudl research it and get back to me and never did.   This one tried to get upper level help but little response.  One was a basic troubleshooting procedure blaming it on user's computer.   it involved clearing caches, history, cookies, etc.  Deleting Turbo Tax, reinstalling, doing Windows update.   I should have neve done it, as I knew that was not issue but I did.   Took me hours to get my computer working properly again.   Guess what....did not fix problem at all.   

mjkmjkmjk
Returning Member

Case # [number removed]

JulieS
Expert Alumni

It sounds like you may have answered the questions about annualizing your income under the federal return, but not the state return. Since you have filed this return already, the letter is the important part now. 

Because you have received a letter from your state Department of Revenue, you can use the Audit Support Center to look into this issue for you. Follow this link for more. 

You can also file an Accuracy claim and have the return examined that way. Follow this link for more about that. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mjkmjkmjk
Returning Member

WIth Turbo Tax, you do almost nothing for the state.   It does not go through a step by step at all at least for Virginia.   no opportunity to do much of anything.   For 760C was "lightly" populated but no calculations were made, no division of when the taxes were paid or money recieved.   All this was done on the federal form, just like all my other info....income, taxes paid, dividend, interest were entered on federal form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies