Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mandm4ev

TurboTax has not resolved this. I calculate my Itemized Deductions to be $25,629 but TT has it as $26,021. TT error is in the calculation of paid taxes. Difference $392

I traced this discrepancy back to the first section of Sched A - paid taxes - state income, local real estate, + pers property taxes.  For me its the addition of 3 numbers. TT number is $392 higher than my calculation. I cannot find the source of this discrepancy in TT.  Can anyone help?
UPDATE:  Solved!  The $392 was what I owed and paid of 2017 State Income tax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

TurboTax has not resolved this. I calculate my Itemized Deductions to be $25,629 but TT has it as $26,021. TT error is in the calculation of paid taxes. Difference $392

If you have a state tax liability on your 2017 tax return, TT figures that payment, made in Spring 2018, into the calculation. This accounts for the difference.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ashby

Did you have a state tax liability on your 2017 tax return. If so, TT figures that payment, made in Spring 2018, into the calculation.
mandm4ev

1 try and 1 winner. Solved !   Nice work and thanks.  
Ashby

If you have a state tax liability on your 2017 tax return, TT figures that payment, made in Spring 2018, into the calculation. This accounts for the difference.

Solved.  I was also going to say to check your W2 for anything in boxes 14 and 19 like for SDI or VDI.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies