Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Single Member LLC tax question

My son started a single member LLC in January 2024 for an online retail store and has made zero dollars to date. Does he need to send anything quarterly to report to the federal government or just report at the end of the year on his personal taxes? I ask because I do not want him to incur penalties for not reported quarterly even though he has not made any profit. 

He has been reporting monthly to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

There are no quarterly "reports" to send to the IRS for your son's business.   If he starts making some income, he can pay estimated quarterly payments to the IRS---but it sounds like there is no need for that yet.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901110-do-i-need-to-make-estimated-tax-payments-to-the-irs

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Since he has no income yet to report for his self-employment there is no need for him to send any estimated tax payments to the IRS.

Self-employment taxes are only required to be paid if the business has a net income after expenses.  

Sahir

I also have opened single member LLC in Connecticut in April 2024, but haven’t made any income yet. As I am still working on getting things done properly. Should I have to file quarterly taxes for Federal or State? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies