Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Self employment, taxes, unemployment, covid19, and offset took my return been a rough few months.. ??? Any advice

How can I prove I get paid for like babysitting and or sitting with an elderly woman for months now but of course I don't receive stubs? Is it almost like trying to prove you do "Gig jobs" for a living... If nothing is happening then of course I'm not contacted to perform income earning services the local few have been used to me doing on a daily basis jus to help people out ya know. But I couldn't try to apply for assistance or unemployment because I am no longer working steadily correct? As u can see I haven't filed taxes and am usually a dependent on my significant other tax form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Self employment, taxes, unemployment, covid19, and offset took my return been a rough few months.. ??? Any advice

Based on the information you provided, you have a self-employed business providing personal and child care services.  Under the IRS rules, if your annual income is $400 or more, you are supposed to report this income on a tax return, even if you are claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return.

Typically, a copy of your filed tax return with the "Schedule C" self-employment income is used to support a claim for unemployment.

If you are claimed as a dependent on another person's 2019 tax return, you are not eligible for a stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies