Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blboal

Arizona paid a one time return to work bonus of unemployment of $2000. i received a 1099 misc for this. it was not self employment, where do i file it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Arizona paid a one time return to work bonus of unemployment of $2000. i received a 1099 misc for this. it was not self employment, where do i file it?

Unemployment claimants who return to work may be eligible for a one-time bonus of $2,000.  Bonuses will be awarded after the individual has stopped receiving unemployment benefits and has completed the work requirements with a qualifying employer. DES will issue payments via direct deposit. Alternative electronic payment methods may become available at a later date.

To enter other reportable income, on a 1099-MISC form, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your TurboTax account.
  2. Select Federal from the left side menu.
  3. Type 1099-Misc in the search bar and click on Jump to 1099-misc.
  4. On the Did you get a 1099-MISC? screen, select Yes. If you come to the 1099-MISC Summary screen, select +Add Another 1099-MISC located under the Total.
  5. On the Let’s get the info from your 1099-MISC screen, enter the information on the form and Continue.
  6. On the Describe the reason for this 1099-MISC screen, enter description "Arizona Return to Work Payment"
  7. On the Does one of these uncommon situations apply? screen, if you select any option other than None of these apply, continue with the onscreen interview until complete.
  8. If you select None of these apply, continue with the onscreen interview and answer the additional questions about the income.
  9. On the Did the XXX involve work that’s like your main job? screen, select No, it didn’t involve work like my main job. 
  10. On the How often did you get income for XXX? screen, select I got it in 2021. 
  11. On the Did the XXX involve an intent to earn money? screen, select No, it didn’t involve an intent to earn many and Continue.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Unemployment claimants who return to work may be eligible for a one-time bonus of $2,000.  Bonuses will be awarded after the individual has stopped receiving unemployment benefits and has completed the work requirements with a qualifying employer. DES will issue payments via direct deposit. Alternative electronic payment methods may become available at a later date.

To enter other reportable income, on a 1099-MISC form, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your TurboTax account.
  2. Select Federal from the left side menu.
  3. Type 1099-Misc in the search bar and click on Jump to 1099-misc.
  4. On the Did you get a 1099-MISC? screen, select Yes. If you come to the 1099-MISC Summary screen, select +Add Another 1099-MISC located under the Total.
  5. On the Let’s get the info from your 1099-MISC screen, enter the information on the form and Continue.
  6. On the Describe the reason for this 1099-MISC screen, enter description "Arizona Return to Work Payment"
  7. On the Does one of these uncommon situations apply? screen, if you select any option other than None of these apply, continue with the onscreen interview until complete.
  8. If you select None of these apply, continue with the onscreen interview and answer the additional questions about the income.
  9. On the Did the XXX involve work that’s like your main job? screen, select No, it didn’t involve work like my main job. 
  10. On the How often did you get income for XXX? screen, select I got it in 2021. 
  11. On the Did the XXX involve an intent to earn money? screen, select No, it didn’t involve an intent to earn many and Continue.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies