Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax Business State Return not loading

If you receive a message that your software is up to date but your state module does not install, you may need to run the State Clean Up Utility. The link to the tool is found here: State install/e-file update loop. 

You might run this utility while waiting for your state module to be released. Check the estimated release date in the Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business.

@SusanC4

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same problem here. I called TTax support and was told it's a known problem and they are working on it. I'm not convinced that they are working on it. If they were, they would NOT permit users to PAY for a state (Maryland) and NOT be able to install it. If it's not fixed soon, I may do the state manually (on paper) and dispute the CC charge for the state.

I hope TurboTax is listening

VACW
Level 1

This is the same loop we are stuck in too.  Just had another long support conversation that concluded that the reason is MD is not available until 3/1/24 ... but it has been pushed back by a week every week all month ... even after we paid for it.  And this happens every year to some extent ... and one year it never came.  And when it does come, it is not uncommon to find Turbo Tax making some kind of error on MD forms.  I know MD is a real PITA to work with, but the forms have been available for manual filing since December, and they are every year.  The differences from last year are minimal and very obscure.  It is unexplainable why Turbo Tax is so non-turbo on this.  If it really can't be done, at least just say so early enough that we can make the necessary alternate plans.  Really hoping 3/1 is true ... and it works ... or we will be manually filling forms in panic mode again. 

I agree 100%. It was first posted that the MD module would be available on 2/15/24 and I was able to pay for it at that time, but it would not download. After a 3 1/2 call with tech support, it was found that it then would not be available until 2/22/24. I tried on 2/23/24 and 2/24/24 and it still was not available and then looking at the schedule of released date, found that it had changed again and would not be available until 3/1/24. Turbo Tax should know before we pay for it if a module is available. If not, they should state so and not allow it to be purchased until available. At this point, I do not have much confidence in Turbo Tax having it available on 3/1/24, which as others have said, we would be forced to prepare the forms manually and try to get a refund from Turbo Tax. Having it extended 3 times does not seem reasonable. 

If the schedule now shows the MD state return is not available until 3/1/24, should we use the  TTCleanTool or wait until we see if it is available at that time? If it is just not available until 3/1/24, I'm not sure this TTCleanTool would work. 

@PatriciaV Can you inform us if any of our concerns are being heard and/or addressed?  This is year after year now and things seem to only be getting worse.  

I've never not used TT to do my personal and business taxes, but I believe many of us are not scared to adapt to something new if this continues.  I hate to be this way, but its honestly BS.  As many have already stated, you should not be allowed to charge us for a product you don't even have setup yet in your system.  

I was having the same issue with buying a New Mexico state partnership module for TT Business.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with TT Support, who eventually referred me to Costco, where I purchased the product.  Costco only sells the product and does NOT do any software tech support. 

Best Answer was provided by PatriciaV, with the link to the  Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business, where you can find when your state module will be available.  My NM state will not be available until 3/1/2024. 

TT support is apparently not aware of this table.

I ran the State Clean Up Utility since TT support had me try to download several times this morning. 

Will I somehow get a License Code once my state module is released or will it download directly from the TT Business software? 

Thanks

And where is the availability for STATE returns. The link you provided only gave information for Federal forms as far as I can see.

Nevermind, finally found the correct link in another comment: State Forms Availability for TurboTax Business (intuit.com)

Thank you for posting this! Will try again on 3/1 for the MD return. This is my first time using TurboTax Business for prep and this has been quite a challenge.

This is poor customer service on part of TurboTax. After all these complaints, they still have not updated the software to put the availability link in the error message that users receive to avoid wasting time!!

lilpass9

Has anyone gotten this issue fixed? I tried all of the suggestions and still can not get MD state return for turbo tax for business downloaded. I purchased it but it won't download and I keep getting prompted to download everytime I try to start it after it says it has been dowloaded.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please see here for when you forms are estimated to be available: Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Although I appreciate your response, I am very disappointed in Turbo Tax as the MD Business State return has once again been delayed. This is the 4th time and I don't believe I am the only one that thinks this is unacceptable! Other than always getting the link to the schedule for the availability of the business state returns, I think everyone would appreciate it if Turbo Tax (or Intuit) management would provide an explanation of why these state returns have been delayed so long and so many times. As of the latest schedule, it is now not going to be available until 3/8/24 which is 1 WEEK before the tax return is due!! I looked at all the other state returns and with the exception of Louisiana, it looks like all state forms (other than a few exceptions to individual schedules) are available. Why is it taking soooo long for the Maryland and Louisiana modules? In all my years of using TurboTax for my business and individual tax returns, I have to say this year has been the worst. Although I normally provide a rating of between 8-10 when asked if I would recommend TurboTax to others, I am afraid that this year, it will be a rating of 1-3 due to this extended issue (I am unable to recommend it to others until I am confident that this is not going to continue to happen year after year). I am considering researching other tax software to use going forward and I would not be surprised if others will be doing the same based on some of the comments I have seen. It may not matter to Intuit that they lose a few or even a few 100 customers, but as a business, they should, even it if were only 1. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies