Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing self employ taxes for 2013

I need to file my federal taxes for 2013 and 2015. I was self-employed. I have the dollar amount that was earned. Can I do it with the TurboTax software?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax does not support tax year 2013.  If you file a 2013 tax return for a tax refund, the refund will not be paid since it is beyond the three year statute of limitations for a refund as of April 15, 2017.  If you owe taxes then the 2013 tax return should be filed.  You may be able to purchase the 2013 TurboTax software from a reputable online retailer, such as Amazon.  However, there is no guarantee that any updates will be available or the state programs will be available for download.

IRS website for free federal tax forms, schedules and instructions - https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/priorFormPublication.html

For tax year 2015 you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2015 desktop editions from this TurboTax website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Note also that the time to file a 2015 tax return for a tax refund has expired.  The date for filing a 2015 return with a tax refund without an extension was on or before April 15, 2019.

Prior year tax returns can only be printed and mailed, they cannot be e-filed.

You did not mention 2014, but if you find you did not file for 2014, the information already given to you by DoninGA regarding 2013 would apply to tax year 2014 as well.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies