Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Moving LLC between States

Hello, I recently moved from CT to CA and I have an LLC in CT for my original artwork. I would like to continue this business in CA - how do I transfer the LLC, or is it best to close and start a new one completely?


I am also considering offering Astrology consultation services. Can I operate this under the same LLC or do I need two separate businesses? Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Moving LLC between States

To keep everything clean it's recommended to close the old LLC and start a new one for the new state.  You can also conduct the consulting business under the same LLC or create a new LLC if you believe the businesses will grow and you want to keep them separate for liability purposes (please consult an attorney for this)  Keep in mind each LLC will have it's own state taxes or filing fees wich can get expensive (please check the state).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings