irenezabytko

Code W on 2021 W-2

Hello,

When I filed for my 2021 taxes (via Turbotax of course) I was prohibited from the free service because of Box 12 on my W-2 form stating: Code W , $73.10.  Turbotax stated in an automated message at the time that the $73.10 was for a healthcare insurance plan and that I may have that returned to me.  I contacted my employer and they had no idea what I should do to receive that amount. First of all, what is Code W and how do I go about getting a reimbursement? Thank you, Irene

GabriellaEA

Code W on 2021 W-2

Hi Irene! Code W in Box 12 of your W-2 is used to report employer contributions to your health savings account. If you'd like to withdraw from your health savings account, you should first contact the employer to find out who they use as the health savings account (HSA) provider. Then, you can contact the HSA provider to see about having funds withdrawn. If you use the HSA funds to pay for or reimburse yourself for qualified medical expenses, they can be withdrawn tax and penalty free.

GabriellaEA

Code W on 2021 W-2

irenezabytko

Code W on 2021 W-2

Thank you so much, Gabriella! Much appreciated! Cheers, Irene