BMorris8806

Claimed wrong Recovery Rebate Credit

What if I made a mistake on the recovery rebate and I accidentally claimed a rebate I've already received? My wife finished our taxes added one of the stimulus payments that we have received already. Do I need to make an amendment or let the IRS make the changes?

Claimed wrong Recovery Rebate Credit

Do NOT amend for that.     The IRS is cross checking all returns with an amount on line 30 for the recovery rebate credit.   Yours will be one of the MANY returns with mistakes on that line.   The IRS will recalculate your refund.  This will, of course, delay your refund, so do not expect a quick refund.

BMorris8806

Claimed wrong Recovery Rebate Credit

Thats kind of what I was thinking, and it has been awhile now. Longer than normal, but I was also late... But thank you, very helpful.