Skip to main content
Level 1
April 12, 2025
Question

1099 business entry vs personal entry

  • April 12, 2025
  • 2 replies
  • 60 views

I am an independent contractor and receive  1099-NECs  companies for commissions I earn. Both Business and Personal sections allow for 1099-NECs to be entered. I've input my 1099s in the business section however I see that it is also can be entered into the personal section. If I have already put the income in the business section, do I mark no in the personal section or leave blank?

2 replies

Level 15
April 12, 2025

The income from the 1099-NEC forms should be linked with your business and appear on Schedule C. 

Employee Tax Expert
April 12, 2025

If you have already included the income as part of your Schedule C business, do not enter it again in the personal section of TurboTax.  

 

@Shepaystaxes2025 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"