claudia-garcia-a

Zero Value in 1040 form makes it impossible to e-file?

Hello - I would like to backtrack to the questionaire to respond to: All of the following lines of Form 1040 have a zero value:
Line 22 - Total income
Line 37 - Adjusted gross income
Line 44 - Tax
Line 55 - Total credits
Line 63 - Total tax
Line 74 - Total payments

As currently I'm not able to e-file as I have not inserted information for these. Must there be information for all or only a few?

Do let me know - thank you,
Claudia
TaxGuyBill

If you add $1 of taxable interest (you may be able to type "1099-INT" in the search box in the program), it should solve that problem.

claudia-garcia-a

Thank you - that worked, the only issue now is that I am to insert an employer ID number for a foreign international UN agency which does not have this number. Could you please advise?
TaxGuyBill

How did you enter that income? Was it on a W-2?  Is that considered as "foreign income"?  Did you enter it Foreign Income?
claudia-garcia-a

Yes it was through W-2, I decided to delete it as I probably shouldn't have filled it out in the first place since I don't work with U.S. employer and most of that info is missing.