turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jrust723

I received a W-2 from my exemployer with $0 in all boxes, except box 12 with code DD. I've been retired since 2014. Can I ignore this W-2 or must I list it on my return?

In researching this issue, I saw this to be an IRS reporting requirement for employers. However it is NOT an IRS requirement to report the group health insurance premiums on W-2 for retirees.  Now if I include this $0 W-2 in TurboTax I will not be able to file electronically but rather by mail.  

Can I omit this W-2 totally as it is only for information purposes and not taxable in any case or must I disclose it?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received a W-2 from my exemployer with $0 in all boxes, except box 12 with code DD. I've been retired since 2014. Can I ignore this W-2 or must I list it on my return?

You can omit this W2 as it will not allow you to enter it and proceed since there is no taxable income reported on it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can omit this W2 as it will not allow you to enter it and proceed since there is no taxable income reported on it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies