turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Used QB for my business.Can I enter the Gross Profit for the P&L statement In TurboT ? and not entering the few 1099's I recived ?

I have a small HVAC LLC.I have been using Quick Books online for the past year. Some of my clients sent me their 1099's. I am not going to enter them in Turbo Tax , instead, can I use the Profit and Loss statement to enter the Gross income and the business expenses? of should I use income ststement? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Used QB for my business.Can I enter the Gross Profit for the P&L statement In TurboT ? and not entering the few 1099's I recived ?

Yes. As long as your Gross Income includes all 1099's receive and any additional cash/check sales, you can enter one income figure.

You can also use the summary of various expense accounts on your P&L to report your expenses. You'll find expense categories to closely match your P&L. New assets placed in service will have to be added.

If you have additional questions or details regarding this, please feel free to post in the comments for further clarification.

You can report your income by following the instructions here:

1. Sign into your TurboTax account.

2. Click Pick up where I left off (if not already open)

3. Click Federal tab

4. Click Wages & Income subcategory.

5. Select I'll choose what I work on option.

6. Scroll all the way down to the Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C (under less common income) and click Start/Update.

7. Click Start/Update next to Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099 and follow the online screen prompts to enter your income.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelDC

Yes. As long as your Gross Income includes all 1099's receive and any additional cash/check sales, you can enter one income figure.

You can also use the summary of various expense accounts on your P&L to report your expenses. You'll find expense categories to closely match your P&L. New assets placed in service will have to be added.

If you have additional questions or details regarding this, please feel free to post in the comments for further clarification.

You can report your income by following the instructions here:

1. Sign into your TurboTax account.

2. Click Pick up where I left off (if not already open)

3. Click Federal tab

4. Click Wages & Income subcategory.

5. Select I'll choose what I work on option.

6. Scroll all the way down to the Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C (under less common income) and click Start/Update.

7. Click Start/Update next to Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099 and follow the online screen prompts to enter your income.

Thank you for your answer. Yes ,my gross income includes all 1099's
MichaelDC

More than a pleasure. You're all set. Good Luck!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies