turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Working in the state portion and am being told that my social security # is not in valid format. It is, and I cannot change it anyway since it is a transfer from fed??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Working in the state portion and am being told that my social security # is not in valid format. It is, and I cannot change it anyway since it is a transfer from fed??

With 40+ different state tax forms that could be involved.....it is important that you always indicate :

Which State  ??

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I apologize, it is Michigan. Thank you. 

Also, the ssn was transferred from my federal form and is in correct format (nnn-nn-nnnn). It is also the correct ssn. It seems like a failure in the software. I'm operating in the TurboTax business version. 

@brennakind82 

For Michigan...your entry is OK, but that's a software bug to be fixed (supposedly) by the end of the week.

See:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/error-household-member-ssn-is-invalid-in-michigan-...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies