turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is the distribution for estate trust not showing on K-1 1041?

Correct; it is unlike the personal versions.

You need to go through the Distributions section when something changes.

You need to review the previous answers in this thread from 3/20/2021 and 3/16/2021 as well as earlier version from 2019 - pretty much display the same process to resolve your difficulty.
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

@ScruffyCurmudgeon wrote:
You need to review the previous answers in this thread from 3/20/2021 and 3/16/2021 as well as earlier version from 2019 - pretty much display the same process to resolve your difficulty.

1) @cwcarso's issue has nothing to do with the screenshots you posted (almost a year ago).

2) @cwcarso's post was tacked on to this thread over two weeks ago.

Hi Scruffy,

Can you tell me why there is a small percentage allocated to the estate/trust when I have 100% allocated to one beneficiary?  I've checked everything and can't find out where this small amount is coming from.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Kathy

Unfortunately, if a person decides to post a q question on a pre-existing thread of discussion, particularly one of a prior year and one to which this new question's does not really pertain, the result will be the confusion expressed as the original answer was addressing the original question and moreover, in some cases,  the tax circumstances may have changed in the time period as well.

It is always best to post a new question and not "tack on one"" (as was noted) to a year or more older thread.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies