Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

giora12

Why is my refund reduced after recording a 1099-R for a direct roll-over of a 401k distribution (Code G)? Box 2a shows $0 taxable amount.

I expect the distribution to have no impact on my refund.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is my refund reduced after recording a 1099-R for a direct roll-over of a 401k distribution (Code G)? Box 2a shows $0 taxable amount.

I don't have any problem with doing that when I tested it on Desktop Premier....many times we suggest leaving box 2a empty if a zero is in there, but it doesn't seem to have an effect in the situation you describe.

I suggest your Edit it and go thru the followup questions again.  There are several that ask if you rolled into a designated ROTH account,  need to say NO !  Two times.

.......Unless  you DID roll into a ROTH 401k or Roth IRA, then the $$ are taxable (if the $$ came out of a traditional-non-roth-401k) 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I don't have any problem with doing that when I tested it on Desktop Premier....many times we suggest leaving box 2a empty if a zero is in there, but it doesn't seem to have an effect in the situation you describe.

I suggest your Edit it and go thru the followup questions again.  There are several that ask if you rolled into a designated ROTH account,  need to say NO !  Two times.

.......Unless  you DID roll into a ROTH 401k or Roth IRA, then the $$ are taxable (if the $$ came out of a traditional-non-roth-401k) 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies