turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why doesn't my sep ira contribution change the amount of my refund? I am trying to figure out how it will impact the refund but only the state portion changes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why doesn't my sep ira contribution change the amount of my refund? I am trying to figure out how it will impact the refund but only the state portion changes?

Where did you enter it?    It is NOT an IRA contribution and does not get entered in the IRA contribution interview.   It is an employer plan either reported on W-2 box 12 or a self-employed plan in the schedule C section.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I tried entering it on schedule c but the federal refund amount doesn't change the state refund goes up a few hundred dollars (using 6k for contribution)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies