Why does TT ask for prior year info from a new use...

conmonty65

Why does TT ask for prior year info from a new user?

Even when it's clearly not  relevant to current year?
macuser_22

Ask what?

Exactly what prior year info does it want?  They are many things you need 2019 info for.  And at the end you need the 2019 AGI to verify and sign your return to efile.  Or you can print and mail 2020 without entering the AGI.

conmonty65

'Thanks, but I'm sorry. "Many things" doesn't really answer my question. Typically I would be aware of anything relevant from 2019 for 2020. Also, I can enter my AGI from last year without any help. It's a bit irritating, in general, that almost all responses about "prior year info" only address previous users.

macuser_22

@conmonty65 wrote:

That does not help us to be able to answer your question.   We have no idea of what the "last years" question is  that you are complaining about  if you do not tell us.