turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why do I keep getting request data for 2 items that are reported on 1099R forms and you keep asking me for 1099DIV forms which I have never had?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Why do I keep getting request data for 2 items that are reported on 1099R forms and you keep asking me for 1099DIV forms which I have never had?

To clarify, what are the two items that are reported on the 1099R that needs attention?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

ANND...what are any of the code letters showing in box 7?

Like maybe a code "U" ?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Box 7 Distribution code 7

IRA/SEP/SIMPLE is marked with X

Box 7 Distribution code 7 

IRA/ SIMPLE is not 

checked.

3 accounts, all reported on 1099-R forms.

turbotax is looking for 2 of the 3

be reported as 1099-DIV

What can I do ?

Those entries wouldn't be asking you for any info on a 1099-DIV.

Must be something else that triggered it.

_______
If you imported the forms from a Financial provider, perhaps there were also 1099-DIV forms that imported too.  Depending on what's in those -DIV forms, they may need to be edited to enter some follow-up questions.

Anyhow....Go to the 1099-DIV section on the Wages&Income page and edit any 1099-DIV forms you may find there.    IF there  are $$ in the form(s), you may have some follow-up questions to answer.

If there is a 1099-DIv form that is empty of $$ amounts, then just delete the form.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies