Bearwatcher55

Why can't I edit my choice for 1099R periodic payments to regular/monthly? The program keeps resetting it to non regular.

I'm trying to edit my choice under 1099R to regular montly payments, but the program automatically resets my choice to non monthly. My concern is how does this affect my return?

AnnetteB

As long as you have gone through that section and answered the questions properly, you're return will not be affected.

There are a few places within TurboTax where you must answer the question every time you go through that section.  The question about regular payments from a retirement account just happens to be one of those sections.

The answer is used only to determine what question to ask you next, it is not necessarily a piece of information that is recorded and reported directly on a tax form. 

AnnetteB