June 3, 2019 10:28 AM
Pensions from the German government are treated just like US social security payments reported on an SSA-1099. Enter the amount received as an SSA-1099 by following the steps below:
- Login to your TurboTax Account
- Click "Take Me To My Return"
- Click "Federal" from the left side of your screen
- Scroll down to “Retirement Plans and Social Security” and click on “Show more”
- Scroll down and click "Start" next to "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)"
- Answer “Yes” to “Did you receive any Social Security benefits?”
- Select “Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)” and enter the amounts under your wife's name.