Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

James9

Where do I include solo-401k contributions in TurboTax Online? Neither Federal->Self Employment->Expenses or ->Uncommon Situations seems to have it listed.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
James9

Where do I include solo-401k contributions in TurboTax Online? Neither Federal->Self Employment->Expenses or ->Uncommon Situations seems to have it listed.

Steps:

1.  Income & Expenses (Do not go into the "Self Employment" section)

2.  At the bottom, "See list of all income"

3.  Pick "Self-Employment Retirement Plans"

No clue why this isn't lumped in with where the SE employment is...

View solution in original post

11 Replies
James9

Steps:

1.  Income & Expenses (Do not go into the "Self Employment" section)

2.  At the bottom, "See list of all income"

3.  Pick "Self-Employment Retirement Plans"

No clue why this isn't lumped in with where the SE employment is...

In TT Self Employed version - Self Employment Retirement Plans can be found within "Other Business..."

Enter self-employed retirement in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to self-employed retirement

James9

I don't see the "Jump To".  I'm in the web version of TT Self Employed if that changes your answer.  Search seems to just search through this forum.

When using the online editions and the 2017 tax return is started or continued click the Search link in the top right ot the screen to open the Search box.
James9

What I mean is that when I open the search box, there is no Jump To inside.

Type in self-employed retirement in the search box and enter.  The program will search for those key words and when found will display the Jump to link just below the search box.
James9

This seems super flaky for me (some issuances of the query it shows, some don't), but eventually worked.  Thanks!

Is there a way to get in there without the search?
James9

Found it and updated answer.
James9

(Thanks for your help!)
bobby1

I am using the freedom edition and when I click the search box to type in the phrase, it just takes me to a contact page before I'm even able to type anything in. Any way to navigate without searching?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies