slugbug007

Where do I enter the federal income tax that we paid last year in addition to all the withholding the govt kept? I thiink this should be deductible!!

For the first time ever we paid $6614.00  above all the withholding.  We paid it on time with our 2017 filing.  Shouldn't we be able to deduct that on this years's taxes and where do I enter it?

JohnW15

Unfortunately, federal taxes paid for any tax year cannot be deducted on a federal return.  If your state has a deduction for federal taxes paid, that will be covered in TurboTax's state interview.

If these were state taxes paid, please see the TurboTax FAQ "Can I deduct state or local income tax on my federal return?" below for additional information.