Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Where do I enter our social security income (SSA-1099-SM)?

Do I enter the above in the same place as a 1099-R?
2 Replies
Level 15

Where do I enter our social security income (SSA-1099-SM)?



Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Expert Alumni

Where do I enter our social security income (SSA-1099-SM)?

No. They are two different forms and while they are both paid at retirement, they are two very different types of income. Enter your Social Security following the steps below.


  • Go to Federal 
  • Wages & Income>>
  • Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies