rsrdl

Where do I enter my traditional IRA contribution in TurboTax? I do not have a 1099 yet from the trustee.

I understand per one of the "TurboTax Help" notes that the trustee has until May 31  to send a Form 5498 to me and to the IRS. 

IsabellaG

To enter your traditional IRA contribution:

1. On the left side of your screen, click Federal.
  2. At the top of your screen choose Deductions and Credits.
  3. Scroll down to Retirement and Investments.
  4. Click Start on Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions.
  5. Check that you contributed to a traditional IRA, and follow the rest of the prompts.

You won't get a 1099 from the trustee, because it's a contribution, not a distribution. You don't need Form 5498 to file your taxes. You would already have confirmation of your contribution from the IRA from when you made/make the contribution.

rsrdl

What screen would have "Federal" on the left side?
rsrdl

The answer is Line 32 of Form 1040.
IsabellaG

I'll add a screenshot to the place to choose Federal.
IsabellaG

rsrdl

This question is based on using the paid-for TurboTax Deluxe program rather than the online free version.
IsabellaG

Oh, I apologize! Your profile showed you using the Online Version. You will see the Federal Taxes tab on the top of your screen, but I'm sure you already know that!
jmtm50

Unfortunately, even though it is just a line entry I discovered it cam;t be done on the free version of Turbo Tax