Where do I enter my solo 401(k) employee and employer contribution using Turbotax Self-Employed through the web? The current answer refers to destkop edition only.

I had a hard time finding where to enter my Solo 401 (k) employee and employer contributions too. If you are brand new to Turbo Tax, clicking guide me in the Federal section will likely lead you to the right spot. If you have used Turbo Tax before, it might hide this section from you be default if you didn't have Solo 401(k) contributions last year.

Here's how I was able to get to enter my contributions (and lower my tax burden 🙂 )

• Click Federal
  • Show More for Other Business Situations
    • (Scroll to the bottom of the Federal income page to click to show all income if you don't have the previous option. This will make a large list of income options to appear at the bottom of the screen.)
  • Click Start next to Self-Employed Retirement Plans
  • Enter your information

• Click Federal
  • Enter your information